In this video & article you will learn how to resolve the data import related errors & it’s possible reasons.
You might have noticed that while importing XML data to Tally.ERP9 it prompts the error message in calculator panel “Can’t import, check Tally.imp for details”.
What are the common reasons ?
While importing any data, Tally first checks the following parameters (We have tried to list most common issues)
1. Ledger does not exist in Tally
2. Item does not exist in Tally
3. Invalid date format or date out of range
4. Voucher already exist
5. Debit side and Credit side total not matching
1. Create the missing ledger or item master in Tally and re-import the same xml
2. If master is already exist than please check whether any blank spaces are their at the end of the name. if yes remove it. This generally happens when any name is copy & pasted from Excel
3. Set correct date format, date format should be DD/MM/YYYY or DD-MM-YYYY, also the data should be within financial year beginning date
4. Check totals of debit side and credit side are matching or not
How to find Tally.IMP file ?
Tally.imp file located under Tally.ERP9 local folder.
Right click on Tally Icon > Properties > Open File Location > Check for the file type “IMP file” > Open with Notepad
Tally.imp file contains complete data import log with error reasons