You can now practically import any Bank Statements to Tally.ERP9 using our Universal Excel Bank Statement Template without technical skills
Our system supports both types of excel bank statement formats i.e. Debit/Credit with separate columns and Dr/Cr with single column. Please download & check the sample format attached below.
Here are the column wise explanation to help you how it will be imported in your Tally data
Below are the common data available from any Bank Statement in Excel file
|Transaction Date||This will be the Voucher Date as per Tally. Supported format will be DD/MM/YYYY or DD-MM-YYYY||01/04/2018 or 01-04-2018|
|Value Date||This will be the Reconciliation Date. This will help you to Auto Reconcile the entries in Tally. If you do not want to Auto Reconcile the entries than you can leave it blank||01/04/2018 or 01-04-2018|
|Transaction ID||This will be set as Instrument number in Tally in case of Online Transactions|
|Cheque No||This will be set as Instrument number in Tally in case of Cheque Transactions|
|Description||This will be set as Narration in Tally, You can update of modify the information in this column as per your narration requirements||Being NEFT, Cheque Payment made to XYZ & Co|
|Debit||This will be the debit amount from the Bank ledger in Tally|
|Credit||This will be the credit amount from the Bank ledger in Tally|
|Below are the data additionally required to complete the voucher import in Tally|
|Voucher Number||This will be the voucher number as per your Tally. You cannot leave this column blank. We recommend to Set voucher numbering manual & prevent duplicate = Yes|
|Bill Ref No||This will be a Invoice or a reference number to be adjusted in party account. If you leave a blank than it will be treated as On Account|
|Voucher Type||This will be the name of voucher type in which your data will be imported in Tally. If you have a multiple voucher types in Tally, you can simply put the name of voucher here||Receipt, Payment, Branch Payment, Online Receipt, Petty Cash Payment|
|Ledger Name||This will be the name of ledger in which voucher will be recorded||Customer Ledger, Supplier Ledger, Expense Ledger, Income Ledger, etc|
|Bank Name||This will be the name of bank as per Tally in which receipt / payment transactions will be imported|
- The columns highlighted in RED are the mandatory columns and can not left blank.
- We recommend our users to do a trial in sample data first and then replicate the same steps in your main tally data.
- Do not leave Transaction ID & Cheque Number both columns blank, put values in either column
- Please make sure that ledger masters are already exist in your tally data
- If possible create separate receipt & payment voucher types with voucher numbering method manual & prevent duplicate = YES
- You can keep Value Date column blank is you do not want to Auto Reconcile the vouchers
- Option “Ignore errors during data import” should be YES. Find this option on Gateway of Tally > Press F12 > General
Possible reason for this error is you might have kept Transaction ID & Cheque Number both columns blank.
Data in any of of these column is required to resolve this error.
In case of any queries or demo, please write us on firstname.lastname@example.org