1. Login in to your Excel2Tally.in account
2. Select Template “Journal Template”
3.Click “Process Data”
4.Add Company & Select Template.
5.Download Sample file format
6. Once you are ready with your excel data then Choose file and Upload Excel
STEP – 1
7. Now Click Process Excel
STEP – 2
8. Now Click Download XML
STEP – 3
9. Now import the converted XML to Tally, using option import data > Vouchers
10. In case data is not imported in Tally than check Tally.imp file for data import log report.
The column names given in RED are compulsory and are required to be filled where as the column names given in BLACK are optional
|Column Name||Explanation||Excel Template Explanation|
|Date||This will be the voucher date of the journal on which the journal entry has been recorded
Tally is very flexible and thus allows the user to present the invoice date in various formats but it will be expressed/represented in tally as
DD/MM/YYYY OR DD-MM-YYYY.
|Recommended formats are
01/02/2018 OR 01-02-22018
|Voucher Number||In Tally, voucher numbers are automatically set by default. They are used with some words or are of greater digits such as 101 or A-101 or TAX-101 and so on.
You can select the required Method of voucher numbering from the voucher type creation/alteration screen.
The Methods of Numbering list appears as shown below:
2) Automatic (manual over ride)
4) Multi-user Auto
|Voucher Type|| Voucher type pertains to Accounting, Inventory and Payroll. These are used for recording various transactions according to the user needs.
In Tally ERP9 Voucher type is the data entry form or screen where we are entering different types of transactions like Sales,Purchase,Receipt etc.
There are 18 vouchers already created in Tally Software,which is divided into four parts 1) ACCOUNTING VOUCHER
2) INVENTORY VOUCHER 3) PAYROLL VOUCHER
4) ORDER VOUCHER
(THE ABOVE VOUCHERS WILL BE DISPLAYED BASED ON THE FEATURE YOU HAVE ENABLED)
|Sales FY 18-19, Sales Delhi, Sales Amazon,
|Ledger Name||This will be any of the ledger account you wish to debit or credit|
|Debit / Credit||Type Debit Credit
Personal The receiver The giver
Real What comes in What goes out
Nominal All incomes and gains All expenses and losses
|Reference No||A reference number is a unique identifier assigned to each transaction made using a credit or debit card.||DV-001|
|Amount||This is a GROSS AMOUNT of the product before taxes, other charges & discounts||RS 24000/-|
|Cost Center||A part of an organization to which costs may be charged for accounting purposes.
The cost center in Tally.ERP 9 refers to an organizational unit to which costs or expenses can be allocated during transactions while the cost category is used to accumulate costs or profits for parallel sets of cost centers.
Sales Department,Engineering Department
|Narration||A small brief explanation.||Being expense booked towards development charges|
– Please make sure that the ledger masters are already existing in your tally data
– If possible create separate journal voucher types with voucher numbering method manual & prevent duplicate = YES
– Option “Ignore errors during data import” should be YES. Find this option on Gateway of Tally > Press F12 > General
In case of any query, kindly write us on support@excel2Tally.in
For more details visit www.excel2tally.in